Monday, April 7, 2008

learning and laughing


Letting go of our kid is sometimes the only way for them to learn. Being so protective of them is quite normal especially for a first time mom like me. However, we can never always be around to keep an eye on them. So the best thing that we can teach them is to become skilled at in taking care of themselves.

I have 1 year old and 7 month boy who’s fond of running and doing things without precautions. Like any mommies do, I chase after my kid all the time fearing that he might trip over and hurt himself. There was this instance when I called Andy for his bath time, he got so excited and ran to the bath room with a slippery floor. He lost his balance and glided on the wet floor tiles. It happened so fast and I wasn’t ready for it. Fortunately, he didn’t bump himself to anything. I am a vigilant mom, overprotective is what they say, but there was something inside me that moment just wants to let go, see what will happen and see how he will react on it. Anyways, he was alright, no head bumps, no scars, no broken bones or anything and he didn’t even cry, nevertheless, he got scared. I knew he learned his lesson.

From then on, whenever it is time for shower, he gets inside the bathroom cautiously, takes his ant steps one by one, very slowly and makes sure that I am holding his hand. He’s very careful now, making me guiltless of that one "bad mommy moment."
It’s not easy being a parent but is sure fun and fulfulling! Every day I learn new things from my kid. My life wasn’t like the way it was before but my Andy surely most of the time leaves me learning and laughing all at the same time!

1 comment:

-medussa- said...

Wawa naman ng andy boi koh! nadulas..hahahha!