Sunday, April 27, 2008

wean


I am now officially weaning my son from breastfeeding. The last nights weren't easy because he wakes up in the middle of the night when I try to turn to my sides. He’s asking for milk then cries if I refuse to give my breast. We are both lacking of sleep and it's getting more and more uncomfortable for him and especially for me. I've been thinking about this decision for months now and there was no consistency that's why goals aren't met yet. Good thing that I have my mom here to rescue me. I think that's what mom's are for – to aid.


My mom brought Andy with her to Antipolo and they will stay there until the engorgement of my breasts is gone – as soon as I feel better. Hopefully I will be able to see my son on Wednesday. He's also being trained to drink formula in a cup. I just wish that my mom has found the milk that he likes. Toddlers need milk for energy consumption; it’s the stage wherein they are at their most active phase and the time that they’re difficult to train. They’re so autonomous and they want to do things on their own terms. Though he eats solid food 3 times a day and 2 small meals in between, milk is definitely a necessity for him. That’s why it’s so frustrating, so provoking and maddening when he refuses my offer.


It’s been 24 hours since we left Andy with my mom. Last night was also the first time that we slept without him by our side. We miss him badly and it is really different when he’s not around, however, we have to be consistent. We have to stick to the plan.


It’s my dilemma as of the moment… and if you have suggestion fellow mom-bloggers… your ideas are very, very appreciated! Please leave me comments… Thanks.

No comments: